Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Intro

Hi Everyone!

My name is Carrie Weaver. I am currently a senior majoring in Chemical Engineering with a minor in Chemistry. I am originally from Canton, Ohio but jumped at the chance of moving south for school. I co-oped with ExxonMobil in Beaumont, Texas for 2 years and absolutely fell in love with the southwest; I hope to move there next. I’m still deciding whether I want to get my PhD or go into the industry this spring. Also, I studied abroad in Copenhagen, Denmark this summer and traveled in Italy for 2 weeks while I was there. I’ve always played soccer throughout my life, so it was amazing being able to attend some European soccer games. I’ve been back for two weeks and I already want to head back to Italy!

I’m taking this class from Blacksburg. All of my classes are so technical I wanted to take a completely different class for my free elective so I chose Women’s Studies. I have never taken a class like this before; however, I grew up with my mom, sister, dad, and a female cat and dog so I always know women were able to be dominant. I’m particularly interested in learning about the gender issues that still exist within the working industry. Throughout my co-op experience I have actually found that as a women I can actually get more people to do work for me (but that may be because I was working with basically all older men). I have very liberal views so I really do not have any dominant stereotypes with women. I’m looking forward to hearing everyone’s perspectives though!

Carrie

No comments: